Do you feel tethered to your business? Is the last thing you feel is ‘independent’? Is your business so dependent on you that you’re unable to fully enjoy your holiday?
In honor of bringing you some independence to your life, here are 10 Common Questions and Answers about coaching:
- Won’t coaching just take up more of my time? I don’t have time. That’s precisely why you need me to coach you. But, if you really believe you don’t have time then you don’t. And I can’t help you.
- Can’t I just figure this out on my own? How’s it going for you so far? Your kid has a baseball coach, why shouldn’t you have a business coach! It’s one of the most important investments you’ll ever make.
- Why do I need a coach? A coach helps you dig deep. Helps you figure out what’s holding you back. Brings accountability into your life. Makes you look at the tough stuff. A coach isn’t afraid to ask you uncomfortable questions. A coach helps you get the results you’ve been craving.
- How does coaching over the phone work? Most coaches work with their clients over the phone. It’s more efficient — takes less time out of your day. It’s also extremely focused on the process. I can work with clients all over the world — all because we work over the phone. Geography isn’t an issue.
- Give me an example of how it works? I start with the results you want and work backwards. I’ve got proprietary tools I developed — both for assessment and ongoing exercises. You first want to make sure the results you initially identified are really what you want. For example, an attorney might say ‘I want to increase my billable hours by 20%.’ But after working with the tools at the beginning, he determines that he wants to figure out a way to extricate himself from working as a lawyer — the opposite of billable hours!
- Is coaching like counseling or therapy? No. I’m not a counselor or therapist. I’m also not a financial advisor. I’m a coach who helps you identify what’s holding you back from getting what you want in your business or personal life. Maybe your fear of public speaking that’s screwing up your sales calls. Or, maybe you don’t even have basic selling skills. I help you identify the blocks, then give you exercises and processes to erase them from your life — all the while focused on results.
- As a coach will you tell me what I need to do? No, but I’ll help you uncover the answers and provide you with processes to change your behavior. For example, someone can tell you to work out an hour a day, but if you don’t have the process to implement that huge behavior change, you’re not going to do it. And, if you don’t have the accountability of a coach, you might stick with it for a week. Or less.
- I hear people talk about the importance of having a reason. What does this mean? Everything! Your real reason for having your business or wanting to lose weight or spending more time with your family is the foundation of change. You might think the reason for your business is to make money, but it’s much more than that. Once you identify your reason for doing things, you create a stronger bond with getting to results.
- What will I need to do to make sure I get the results I want? You need to show up ready to work and focus. You need to be honest and forthright about what you think and what you’re doing. You are an important piece to the success. I can’t make it happen without your committed participation.
- How long does it take? That depends. Most people sign up for a 6-month commitment, and that’s it. But, many more people integrate their coaching into their business and life. They use their coach for ongoing changes and goals. The impact of an accountability partner and someone who knows your mindset can be invaluable to living a better life.
Have you got more questions about coaching? Please ask away!